From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2007 15:16:59 -0700

I wanted to buy a book that I could lend out to friends that seek
information about gluten sensitivity.  I found a great one newly published
this year:

THE GLUTEN CONNECTION
How Gluten Sensitivity May be Sabotaging Your Health -- And What you Can Do
to Take Control NOW   --by Shari Lieberman, PhD, CNS, FACN  $16.95 at
Borders Book

She offers convincing arguments for trying the GF diet whether you have
symptoms of celiac disease or not.  She draws a clear distinction between
gluten sensitivity & celiac disease and also a distinction between gluten
allergy & gluten intolerance.  Very good read.  The only criticism I have
for this book, is that I feel she chats about a few technical terms w/o
clearly defining them first.  [Such as villi, anti gliadin antibodies, etc.]
  We, who are fluent in the "jargon" will have no trouble following it, but
I do have concerns about the average Joe understanding it.  The best thing,
though, is that she sites tons & tons of credible evidence for gluten
sensitivity being the root cause of many chronic & common ailments.  I
loaned my copy of the book to a friend w/ osteoarthritis.  He was convinced
enough to try reducing gluten in his diet & he's feeling MUCH better as a
direct result, so he's on his way to better health.  Whoo hoo!

Valerie in Tacoma

*******
*******