ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2008 11:19:04 -0600
Yes, Reeva, this is a good one.  It seems to me that we tend to focus on
what God's will is in this life when we say, either that, God always wants
to heal in this life, or sometimes He will and sometimes He won't.  I like
to put more emphasis on our eternal life in Christ, where, as the author
pointed out, His Word says that He will wipe away all tears, and that any
discomforts will no longer exist, rather than just say, or well, we just
have to live with this pain.  If I were to break both legs, and the doctor
says I'll be in a wheelchair for 6 to 8 months, I probably wouldn't be
devastated, because this problem won't last forever.  But if I hear that
I'll never be able to walk again, or that I was born that way, then I would
tend to be devastated unless I keep the eternal perspective in mind.  I
would say that The Lord has already given me some of that insight.

Sharon
I have something exciting to share with you.  Please stop by for a visit!

http://www.mypowermall.com/Biz/Home/52721

Sharon