ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2007 20:58:39 -0700
Brad,

I think the same way.  I think it is good to take stock once and awhile.  I
went to a funeral a few weeks ago, back during the summer, and saw dozens of
people I haven't seen for 20 to 25 years.  One lady said, It sure is too bad
we only see each other because some one died.  I said, Well, that's better
than never seeing each other at all.  Regardless, I have had many friends
die who were very close to me over the last 10 to 12 years.  I think of them
often, sometimes almost daily, and every time I think of them, I think about
myself, my relationship to the Lord, and if others know it and if my death
will be a positive thing for them.  My dad died in 1963 and the church we
were members of, a Baptist church at the time, held over 1,000 people but I
don't ever recall it being totally full.  It was for my dad's funeral.  I
stood in the balcony with a friend and looked down and was amazed at the
numbers of people that considered my dad as their friend and that he was
important enough to them to come to his funeral.  Some literally drove and
flew hundreds of miles.  I don't want to be famous but I want to reach
others for Christ.

Phil.