ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2007 19:48:48 -0600
Hey guys!

I went to the ears, nose and throat doctor, who does the cochlear implant
surgery.  I definitely plan to get it!!!  we made a tentative appointment
for December 6, with a physical and some preparation on December 3!  it's
awesome that coco mentioned someone getting the implant today, wow!  I took
my case manager and sister with me, and we were greatly encouraged.  we
thought that they might take the cochlear out, but they don't!  We also
thought that I would be completely deaf in that ear after surgery, until the
processor is activated, but studies seem to show that the hair cells that
take sound signals are not really damaged, so I might still have some
hearing in it.  The doctor doesn't want me to wear hearing aids after the
surgery, so that there isn't anything happening in that ear.  With just one
hearing aid, it may be harder to communicate.  I hope to make it easier by
borrowing a device that has a typewriter keyboard on one side, and a Braille
display on the other, so we won't have to struggle.  If I have problems with
vertigo, I might use a walker for, maybe, up to 2 months.  Exciting!  Please
stand with me in agreement that The Lord will direct my paths.  he knows
what is best for everyone!

Thanks, and give me 5!!!  Whoohoo!

Sharon