From:
Paleogal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2007 14:51:00 -0600
Okay cavemates,
Went to see the Doc.  She said 24 hr urine is fine, HDL is down from 84 to
74, LDL is up from 156 to 174.  Didn't get the triglycerides etc because we
got side tracked. My red cell count is up owing to picking up smoking about
a year and a half ago with a lot of stress.  Had quit that nasty business in
the 90's.  Yes, I'm ten times the fool for starting again.  Outlining a
program to quit.  Didn't get the reading on my cell count but I see her in
Feb for a re-check.  Also BP was up from 122/72 to 136/92.  I was
admonished, of course, but nothing in comparison to my own admonishing.
Too, I have been neglecting workouts for the past year and a half working
off of the mainland, six days a week.  groan.....  sigh....  Going to get my
own blood work done from a lab next week.  VAP test, female hormone panel,
etc.  May as well get it done thoroughly to see what damage I've caused,
besides the obvious.  It will be interesting to see how paleo and right
living will correct it all.  Thanks for all your input on and off list.
I'll keep you posted as I turn this thing around.  Oliva