From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2007 09:08:10 EST
Forgot a point in my last email -- Stephanson also considered a fat meat/fish
diet "stimulating" and hypothesized that such a diet created slimness but
also sped up the aging process.  I think he's right about the slimming factor but
incorrect about the premature aging factor. Also, I highly recommend Blake
Donaldson's book, Strong Medicine and the work of H.L. Newbold and Melvin
Anchell.  All of these physicians put their fat cardiac patients on all meat or
nearly all meat regimes and the patients lost weight and their cholesterol
plummeted.  This may not be the case for everyone, but it is certainly the case for
many people. We simply do not all process carbohydrate foods in the same
manner.  Some people are more adapted to large quantities of carbohydrate than
others. I know that a vegetarian and later vegan diet made me increasingly ill and
weak.  I thrive of fat meat but realize others may not.  The only way to know
is to test various diets and see what works best for each individual.