Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:32:15 +1100
I am revisiting the issue of PUFA's.

In a recent self experiment I found that by consuming a fair amount of
unrefined fresh omega 6 and 3 in a 3:1 ratio that my appetite and cravings
for food was drastically reduced. As I am not as lean as I would like to be
this is a good thing.

However I am still confused by the pro and anti PUFA's arguments out there.
Both sides cite numerous studies to support their position yet they seem
diametrically opposed in so many areas such as: PUFA's help diabetes from
PUFA proponants.PUFA's worsen diabetes from PUFA opponants.They protect
against cancer versus they worsen cancer and so on and so on.

I'm not good at analysing research myself and so remain confused and worried
that by suppressing my appetite and all the other supposed benifits may at
the cost of  doing oxidative damage to my cells.

I can't imagine that consuming large ammounts of seed oils is paleo but nor
can I ignore potential benifits.

What are the thoughts on PUFA's and their relative safety from others on
this list?

Leonie