From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2008 14:23:25 -0700
On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 16:56:09 -0700, JK Gatto <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Nonsense.
> Agreed. Does man really believe he can alter the entire planet by what
> he does or doesn't do, whether it be cars, cows, or consumption? Such
> horsepucky and monumental ego. This is pure power politics and a huge
> deep pocket for taxes and other extortions. We are bloody ants on the
> planet in comparison to the overall picture.  Oliva
I'm sorry, Oliva.  More than 6 billion of us little ants, pouring out
pollution, poisons, CO2, etc., onto this planet, can make a difference.
Half the biological productivity of
the planet is already going to feed humans.  If we were living a paleo
life (all 5 million of us that the Earth could support this way) we would
have NO impact on the climate, but that's not the case.

And we all know where the power politics comes into play: for the benefit
of the mega-corporations and the hyper-rich, not some poor slob trying to
reduce his carbon footprint.

I'm sorry, I know this is off-topic, but I just couldn't let it pass.  I
promise
to shut up about it now.

	Lynnet