Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 23:27:53 -0500
michael raiti wrote:
> Do people who tend to have health problems consumption
> of milk have problems also from butter or ghee?
>
> I recently had an IgG test done and showed elevated
> levels from milk, yoguart and some cheeses.  Butter
> did not cause an elevation.

Butter is skimmed from the top of milk, so standard butter contains much the
same ingredients as milk, except that the fat % is higher and the carb and
protein %'s are lower. Maybe you're most sensitive to the milk proteins and
the protein content is small enough in butter to not create a sufficient
reaction? How did you score on the milk proteins casein and whey? Ghee
contains less of the milk proteins than standard butter, since the proteins
and carbs are cooked and separated off from the fat (so that it is about 99%
fat), though it may still contain trace amounts.

The Paleo diet is a different approach than elimination/rotation diets. The
Paleo diet, as it's usually conceived, allows little or no dairy products
since they were not staples of the Paleolithic era and therefore
theoretically have not been consumed long enough for humans to have adapted
to eating them, not because people test high on antibodies to dairy.