BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2008 20:55:41 -0700
I have it on good authority that, on closer inspection, it will be revealed
that those rock foundations are REALLY built of the ships biscuits baked
155 years ago.  Ruth

At 9:32 AM -0700 5/3/08, Cuyler Page wrote:
Gab,
This morning you are talking my nearest neighbour HBC language as I pull up
the suspenders, don the straw hat, and head off to be the 1853 Hudson's Bay
Company farmer at Craigflower near the Ft. Victoria trading post.   At the
farm, we make ships biscuits for any British Navy ship that sails in from
the Pacific.

Original rock foundations still in great shape 155 years later and the
house as straight as an arrow.   Today's note from Robert Melrose's diary,
"Gidean has a crew erecting the frame for the school, the entire crew
notoriously drunk."

Hurrah for Living History!

cp in bc
(faux Scotch in the daytime)