AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2008 11:31:19 -0800
From:
"Cutler, Lynne" <[log in to unmask]>
Dear BADSL members, (and lib-disability members)

I am the student at SJSU working with Lynne Cutler on research into the
library needs of children with disabilities. I wanted to introduce myself to
you all, and ask for your help.

I am currently looking for research or model questionnaires that could
inform our methodology and interview tools.

Our draft research question is: "How can Oakland Public Library improve its
services and outreach to children with disabilities ages 5-13?"

Our Objective: To assess children with disabilities' perceptions and needs
of Oakland Public Library, along with barriers to access, with the long-term
goal of improving services and outreach/publicity.

The research will most likely be conducted through focus groups or
one-on-one interviews.

There are very few research studies out there on the library needs of
children with disabilities, and those that exist tend to focus on one
specific group (i.e., Leong & Higgins, 2002. Public library services for
young people who use wheelchairs in Singapore). In fact, most articles are
informal, practice-based advice.

If anything comes to mind, I would appreciate your thoughts.

Of course, any questions or methods we develop will go through an
accessibility review to assure they accommodate different youths' needs.

Looking forward to our collaboration,

Amy Sonnie

Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<