From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2007 18:08:50 -0500

Here is the response I got from Unilever when I asked if a specific product was gluten-free or not.

Lin

We do not specifically test our products for the presence of gluten, a
sticky protein found in some grains such as wheat. Gluten may be present
in products that contain derivatives of wheat, oat, rye, and barley.

In labeling our products, our company follows the guidelines established
by the International Nomenclature for Cosmetics; Ingredients (INCI)
process. Therefore, if we use an ingredient derived from a grain such as
wheat, oat, rye, and/or barley, those names will appear on the label.
One common example is "Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein". If you see this on the
label, the material was derived from wheat, so the product may contain
gluten.

*******
*******