ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2007 17:29:29 -0600
Sharon,

They break the books out in sections so you aren't downloading the entire
book at once. It is amazing to me though how such digital downloading would
be accused of taking a long time, yet ordering a book and waiting for the
tapes to get here in a week or two or longer presumably isn't? Seems to me
we're talking  minutes on a computer, and weeks on snail mail. I'm not sure
the perspective there. Unless it is a dial up connection yeah, no one
really ought do that, dial up doesn't handle any downloads well, but even
at that, it is still pretty instantaneous than compared to waiting for
tapes to get here. One can download a book and then go wash floors or
something and it will be there when you are done type thing.

Brad