ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kim Etheridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2007 07:40:22 -0600
Hi. Normally, I don't publicize my prayer life, except to tell someone I'm
either praying for them, or that I'll put them in my prayers. However, last
night's example of answered prayer is too great for me to keep to myself.
Also, you can consider this a praise report. Well, lately, or at least until
last night, I've had constant battles with insomnia, which is one of the
enemy's weapons. Anyway, the night before last, I didn't sleep at all. I
finally crashed at noon sharp yesterday, and didn't completely awake until
seven. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't have slept at all, after
sleeping all day. Anyway, once everyone was in bed, I finally went to my
room and crawled into bed. The first thing I did was pray. Sure, I prayed
for other things and people, but I also prayed the Lord would put me to
sleep. Of course I didn't mean put me to sleep, like call me home, or
anything of that nature. Anyway, I put in a CD I got from Focus on the
Family Radio Theater. It was a dramatization of the life of Jesus. All of a
sudden, I was out of it. I didn't take any sleep aids of any kind, and
besides, the Melatonin I've taken lately hasn't worked anyway. Anyway,
though, except for a nightmare, I had a decent night's sleep, and actually
awoke feeling refreshed, for the first time in I don't know when. Even
though the enemy attacked me with a nightmare, I'm still glad I slept. I'm
not ashamed to praise Jesus Christ for His mercy. He knew what was
happening, and knew that it would happen, before any of us. I couldn't have
slept without Him giving me a dose of Mercy Anesthetic, as I call it. Ok, I
may be overexagerating, but it's an answered prayer, unlike anything I've
seen.