From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2007 19:52:51 -0500

I want to share with you what I wrote to Charlie Brown's Steakhouse on their headquarters' website tonight. Here goes. (Just FYI, we tipped Chris, even though he was not our waiter tonight.) Just an example of excellent service. I have no financial connection with Charlie Brown's Steakhouses. I do recommend becoming a member of their Handshake Club, which gets you points towards discounts. Oh, and if you check their main website, the link to the gluten-free menu is right up front!!!!!   Lin

"I am a very happy, regular (couple of times a month), gluten-free customer. Words cannot express how grateful I am for the service I get at the Staten Island, NY CB's. I've written before to identify the people who continue to serve me well, but tonight was exceptional. I stop by at CB's for dinner, on days when my husband and I drive up from southern NJ or even Maryland to Brooklyn, to take care of our elderly families. To say the least, by the time we get to your restaurant, we're usually exhausted...and facing a long ride home. Tonight, I actually forgot to ask for the gluten-free menu, and while the host was seating us, Chris, a waiter I've been served by in the past, came over..unsolicited... with the gluten-free card and said to us, something to the effect of "Got to know your customers." Well, he really does. Our waitress, Mary, was also very accommodating, even getting me a fresh steak, before I had the chance to become alarmed, when my prime rib came out with au jus.

I just can't tell you how refreshing it is to be served with such personal care, in a city restaurant that is part of a chain....yet your staff treats me like it was a small, mom and pop place. When I conveyed this to Mary, she said, "That's Charlie Browns." How nice is that!

P.S. Last month, Sarah was our waitress....also was terrific. I just never had a chance to write.

Thank you."

*******
*******