From:
Beth Hillson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beth Hillson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2007 11:37:39 -0400

Dear Listserve Subscribers,

Just about now is when I fire up the ovens and start baking for the upcoming
holidays.  My cold weather recipes come out of the closet and my ceramic
turkeys and winter ornaments get a good dusting.

During the holiday baking frenzy, I really appreciate the down time.  Here’s
one of the recipes I make when I have that quiet moment to enjoy a yummy
quick bread and cup of coffee.  It’s the perfect comfort food.  This recipe
can also be made in a round or square cake pan and frosted it with cream
cheese frosting.

Zucchini Applesauce Spice Cake

1, 14 oz. box Gluten-Free Pantry Spice Cake Mix (#126032M)
1 egg plus 1 white, beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
¾ (scant) cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup (scant) grated zucchini, undrained

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine all ingredients.  Pour into
a lightly oiled 9-x-5-inch loaf pan.  Bake 45 minutes.  Cool in
pan for 10 min.  Turn onto wire rack and cool completely.

Be sure to check out all of our specials on our web site at
www.glutenfree.com

While you are there, sign up for our free weekly newsletter.  It features a
question and answer section and great recipe ideas from yours truly and
includes great offers that are not advertised anywhere else.

Enjoy and Happy November to all!

Beth Hillson

Founder, Gluten-Free Pantry
V-P, Product Development & Consumer Information
Glutino USA/Gluten-Free Pantry
www.glutenfree.com