Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2007 14:18:27 -0700

I talked to a rep at Nature's Path about this cereal.  I believe that I have been getting a gluten reaction from it, and that the same thing happened about two years ago.

The lady said that their testing will only detect over 10 ppm. in their products. She also said that, because of the different grains included in Mesa Sunrise, she feels it is the product most likely to be contaminated, specially by the flax.

She explained their cleaning procedure, which is exhaustive, but admitted that none of the products are 100% gluten free.  She recommended Crispy Rice and the several varieties of corn flakes as alternatives to Mesa Sunrise as they contain only one grain and are less likely to contamination.

The MS bag only shows Indian corn, flax and amaranth as ingredients but she said quinoa and buckwheat, etc are used.

FWIW

Jessie