Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2007 17:01:48 -0500

Here's the response I got from Girl Scout cookie company, ABC:

Dear Ms. Goldkrantz,
Thank you for your inquiry.  ABC does not currently offer a gluten free cookie, in part because the demand is relatively small.  Total sales of gluten free cookies are equal to less than 1% of all cookies sold.  In order to provide Girl Scouting with quality cookies at a very low wholesale price in order for 2/3 or more of the consumer purchase price to go to support local Girl Scout councils, it is necessary for ABC to focus on high volume products at this time.  As I am sure you are aware, gluten free cookies are offered by companies such as Health Valley, Enjoy Life Foods and Newman's Own, all of which have much higher wholesale costs than what Girl Scouting pays for the cookies supplied by ABC Bakers.

We are contacted often with requests that we offer a cookie that addresses various food restrictions and we are always looking at whether we might be able to meet those needs.  Gluten free is a frequent topic at our Research and Development meetings.  We would be thrilled if we could develop a great tasting gluten free cookie that would be a good match for our Girl Scout cookie product line and gluten free will continue to be a part of our R & D discussions.

My comments about gluten free cookies being a relatively small part of the cookie market are not intended to trivialize the seriousness of Celiac disease.  I regret that we do not have a cookie that meets your needs at this time.
Thank you,
Shelby Hudson
Administrative Assistant
ABC Bakers