ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2007 21:43:08 -0700
Sharon,

I'm not necessarily a believer that fear of water is what we might call
abnormal.  This would especially be true if one did not know how to swim.  I
have a fear of heights and did so even when I could see.  I'm talking about
super high.  For example, I was at the top of the Iowa State capital dome
once.  It is inside a small circular room made of glass but is, as I recall,
well over 300 feet high.  That made me nervous.  Flying in my friends
airplane, on the other hand, and flying over our part of town at 3,000 feet
and looking down to see my house did not make me nervous at all.  Even with
a parachute, I'd be afraid to jump out of an airplane.  However, when things
drift into the area of phobias, there is always a way of escape through
inner healing.  I'm glad the testimony spoke to you because it sure did to
me in a very amazing and overwhelming way that I never expected.  In fact,
it was a life changing healing experience yet it was a simple as it gets.

Phil.