From:
Debra Berke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2007 13:32:02 EDT

1. Great hot dogs at  Original Hot Dog Shops 3901 Forbes  Ave. I had the
kosher one, no bun, and had no adverse  reaction.
2. The following are  suggestions for downtown Pittsburgh restaurants which
are reasonably  "high end" restaurant ($20-30 entrees) and can accommodate GF.

Sonoma Grille (HUGE awesome wine list)
Eleven (expensive, seasonal  and very good)
Sushi Kim (for sushi)
3. I live in Pittsburgh.  The  Monteray Bay restaurant on Mt. Washington is a
nice treat. It provides a  beautiful view  of the city and has very good
seafood.  You can see  the restaurant from the Hilton, but it is probably a 1.5
mile cab  ride.

The Grand Concourse at Station Square is nice for people from out  of town.
It is a large converted railway station and the dining room is  probably the
equivalent of about four stories high.  You can also see this  building from
the Hilton and it is less than 1 mile from the
Hilton.
4. There is a website  called "glutenfreeonthego.com" and you type in the
address and it tell you all  hotels, food, shopping, etc. in that area.
5. I’ve never stayed  at the Hilton, but I’ve heard it is OK.  I’ve had
vendors stay there when  they can’t get into the Omni William Penn.  I work in
Pittsburgh.  There are  A LOT of places to eat.  However, I’ve never come across
any that have a  “GF menu”, so you always have to ask/double check as to the
GF status of a dish.
Try Palomino,  which is across the street from the Hilton.  It’s upscale, but
I’ve always  been able to get a good meal there.  You also can’t go wrong at
Ruth’s  Chris, which is a steak place in PPG Plaza.  It’s also expensive,
but not  as expensive as Morton’s.  There’s a great little place to get Pad
Thai on  Sixth  Street called the Lemon Grass Café.   Ciao Baby in Market  Square
is also good.  It’s Italian but you can  get items that are GF.  I’ve also
had a good meal in the 1902  Tavern, also in Market  Square.  All of these
places are within a couple  blocks of the Hilton.  Pittsburgh is a great city and
you can pretty  much walk from one end to the other in about 25 minutes.
6. I live in Pittsburgh. Prime Hyde  Park Steakhouse, Mortons and Capital
Grille can all accommodate.  Avoid the  Carlton -- they  simply can't accommodate
(every time I've tried, they've messed up and I end up  getting something
redone and eating after all of my tablemates -- they just  don't get it).
Outside of downtown,  there are a number of good restaurants that can
accommodate nicely.

Deb, Newark,  DE