C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:34:25 -0700
well one thing i am referring to here is the
historical fact that when mr lincoln issed the
emancepation proclamation only applying to the states
that had seceeded; at the time not actually under his
control. more than anything its only effect was to
encourage the slaves in the seceeded states to help
the north. in some cases there were blacks fighting
for the south.
now there were slaves in the border states like
missouri that were actually under the control of the
union having not seceeded that mr lincoln could have
actually freed at the time. he did not even mention
them and they were freed after the war by an act of
congress. logically if mr lincoln had really had a
priority to free the slaves he'd have freed the ones
he  actually had the power to free at that time.

deri's percentages shows a extraordinary number of
rich people in the souther states. i find it
questionable that in the 1850-1860's time frame that
they were that many rich people.: i think in one state
nearly 49 % of a state being rich? i do not know his
sources but those per cents are very questionable. and
when i say rich i mean rich. you had to be very
wealthy to own a slave. i find the term own a slave to
be offensive just to use it, but, i know not how to
convey it differently.

<http://www.southernhistory.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=articl