Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:06:59 -0500
On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 12:49:07 -0500, Bryan D. Andrews
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Are there any other suggested supplements / reasoning?
>
> Thanks!

Yes, magnesium deficiency is common (80%).
I just happened to get the following blurb in today's email, it is
relevant:

"...Oral magnesium supplements are often ineffective.

Magnesium is the most under-appreciated mineral your body requires for
cellular health.
It soothes the sympathetic nervous system (providing deeper rest), and is
essential for the production of amino acids that are critical for virtually
every chemical reaction in the body. When you restore vital magnesium to
the
body, you make cellular regeneration possible.
When you restore vital magnesium to the body, you enable cellular
regeneration
to exceed degeneration.
But eating magnesium supplements does not work...

Effective levels of magnesium supplementation are impossible
to obtain from food sources because our soils have been
seriously depleted of this mineral by the industrial farming
practices and overuse of chemical fertilizers.
Preventing the risk of short term health problems, your body
will draw both calcium and magnesium out of storage
in the bones, to maintain acid-alkaline balance in your bodily
fluids. In order to restore your bones you must have
abundant supply of magnesium in an effective form.
Many debilitating and life threatening diseases are associated
with magnesium deficiencies such as heart problems, strokes,
cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, migraine
headaches, asthma, premenstrual syndrome, attention deficit
disorder, anorexia & bulimia, fibromyalgia & chronic
fatigue syndrome, and depression.
80% or more of our population is deficient in magnesium,
including many who take supplements regularly. Advertisements
about oral supplements may lead you to believe that regular
magnesium supplements will fix magnesium deficiency.
Unfortunately, this isn't the case.

The simple, painless, effective and no risk method is
absorption of magnesium through your skin.
Use the Magnesium Bath Crystals for two weeks to demonstrate
to yourself how much this simple mineral can improve your
life. Absorb vital magnesium into your cells and
experience living well again.
To learn more about our Magnesium visit:
http://www.life-enthusiast.com/index/Education/Magnesium"

IIRC Epsom Salts is the traditional form of soaking to get magnesium.

William