C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:34:27 -0400
I believe Ken may have a point vis-à-vis the "legislation" issue.  Take, for example, the issue of "school busing" in the late '70s.  It was designed to give inner city kids access to the same opportunities as the kids from the burbs, but both groups--suburban and urban--despised the program.  The intent was noble, but the effect was misery.

You cannot legislate morality.  For the government to determine the difference between right and wrong, outside of fundamental truths in human society (e.g., don't murder, don't steal, etc.), is, indeed, a slippery slope.