BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bruce Marcham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv that doubts.
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:45:32 -0500
On Behalf Of Gabriel Orgrease
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 7:38 AM
Subject: Re: [BP] wind farms

c,

Years back we had a client whose developer father had built the building

she lived in on the East River. She had fought w/ the city & Con-Ed for
a number of years that she had a desire to put a wind generator on top
of her penthouse. She did not prevail. I may be able to find a number
for her if you are interested. Don't know if she will remember me, don't

know if she is still alive. One of the Superman movies was filmed on her

terrace.

][<en

--

C,

Be aware that where blade speed and the noise from the blades are
concerned there is a big difference between the small "residential"
sized units (1.5 to 15 kilowatts) and the large "commercial" ones (of
the order of a megawatt and up).  The big ones turn more slowly and I
think you'll find they are quieter.

If you're up around Madison County (just east of Syracuse) there are
several opportunities to get up close and personal with windmills.  You
don't have to go way up to the Tug Hill Plateau which is another hour or
so north of those down around Rte. 20.  I realize it is still a four or
five hour hike to get here from NYC...

Bruce