From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2007 16:37:50 -0700
that is what i was thinking too.
Except a duplexer seems to allow for use of two transmitters and receivers
within the same band, but not the same band pass...in other words the
filters have to be set up so that each transceiver can only talk or listen
on a certain band width. without the two ever crossing.
So for instance, i could have one transceiver on 144 to 146MHZ, and another
transceiver on 146 to 148 MHZ, but neither radio could just go where ever it
wanted between 144 and 148 without having to reselect the band pass for that
radio.
I guess what i am looking for mostly, is something that will trip a switch
on all the ports as soon as i start transmitting on one radio.
This will keep the rf from going directly into the other radios while i
transmit.
And, something that has a proper distribution amplifier built in so there is
no signal loss with multiple receivers going off one antenna...
I basically need a multicuppler for the receive side, but one that can
except rf going back through it from the transmitter, and that will
instantly shut down all receiving ports while that rf is going back through.
A multicuppler usually will receive from say 50MHZ  to 2GHZ, so the receive
is certainly wide enough.
A duplexer has fairly narrow filtering only a few megs wide usually.
anyway, i'm still searching for what i want.
73
Colin, v a6BKX