From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 21:32:23 -0500
Hi Colin.

If you look in the manual at the description of the two receivers and their
specs, you'll find that there is an extra stage of conversion on the main
receiver, and that the sensitivity figures are quite a bit better on the
main receiver.  Even so, you must be in a rougher area for intermod than I,
or I got the luck of the draw and got a really good radio, but I haven't
had the intermod issues here.  I do, however, see a good 10 dB difference
in the S-meter readings between the main receiver (the better one) and the
sub-receivers.  For local FM work, there is still ample sensitivity on the
sub-receiver.  If I were doing SSB work, I would definitely go back to the
main receiver.

73, de Lou K2LKK