From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2007 15:52:10 -0500
Hi Eric.

The fault here is not New York State.  They have no problem with buying
Window-Eyes, Kurzweil, or essentially anything else within reason that the
Adaptive Technology Centers in New York recommend.

I work for a not-for-profit agency, and one of our former I.T. managers
made the autocratic decision that we would only use JAWS and Magic, nothing
else, no exceptions.  Fortunately, she is gone, and our present I. T.
manager has a much more open mind about it, especially since he knows that
I can easily support multiple products.  So, we fortunately have much more
latitude than folks do in other states.  Also, my agency provides the
software for its workers rather than expecting them to bring in personal
licenses.  So, in our situation, what the state government does is irrelevant.

73, de Lou K2LKK