From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:00:44 -0500
Hi, all.

Even though things are not totally certain, there's a chance that I might be
in the enviable position of choosing between getting a Kenwood TS480, or a
TS2000 for the motor home radio set-up.

Originally, I was thinking solely of the TS480, because of its lower cost,
because of its portability, and because of its somewhat greater blind
accessibility.

Since I already have a VHF/UHF rig in the motor home, I really don't need 2
,meters or 440.

However, I then started reading various comments about what some of you
folks have said about the TS480's less than optimal transmit audio quality
on SSB, and began to have second thoughts.

So, in light of what I've said so far, can someone give me honest
comparisons in the HF capability and performance of the TS480 vs. the
TS2000?  Is the TS2000 substantially better on HF than the TS480;  and if
so, in what regards?

If I were to go with the TS2000,  I'd loose the portability I was looking
for.  I also don't really need extra 2 meter or 440 capability, although I
guess a back-up for trips wouldn't be a bad thing.

I have been trying to read reviews on e-ham, but after a while, they seem to
be much more opinions rather than facts.

Any help would be appreciated here, and, in the meantime, I'm trying to do
some creative financing here.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ