Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 16:34:00 -0800
Good afternoon,

I am considering purchasing a ts-480sat for 6m use exclusively.

Now keep in mind I have the ts-2000 already and yes, it does 76m ssb.  It seems to me that having a good receiver is more important than good audio.  I don't quite care as much about what I sound like as I do about what I can hear.

"If you cannot hear um you can't work um!"

Anyway, Kevin's points are ones I appreciate.  Especially in light of the fact I have purchased a separate tm-255a 2m all mode radio.  Am considering a ts-480sat for dedicated 6m ssb work and the ts-2000 will do 6m FM and 440mhz FM work.

I for one haven't been blown away with the ts-2000 receiver on 6m or 2m and for that matter HF.  I like the radio design and will continue to use it but being blind we have to settle for accessibility, seek the best receiver and make do with what we can get best to fit our needs.

Brian, k5in