ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:42:13 -0600
A little over a week ago, I got my first actual cold in two and a half
years.  That is a record for me.  Wednesday, I felt so good, I thought I was
coming out of it but I awakened Thursday morning, early, and every muscle
hurt and I felt as if I had been run down by a truck.  My throat normally
doesn't feel sore or raw any more with a cold but it just hurts, literally
hurts, as if someone has hit me with a baseball bat in the throat.  I still
have my tonsils but I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.
Anyhow, yesterday, Gretchen walked passed my office desk where I was typing
and noticed I had a rash on my lower neck.  She came and checked and it was
spreading down below my collar on to my back and chest.  Sandy said it
sounded like a strep rash.  I didn't want to go to the hospital on a
Saturday night because the average wait now on a busy night is literally six
hours.  Unless you can speak Spanish.  Sandy found a nearby clinic where
some of the same docs from the hospital work evenings and it cost less for
the co pay plus we were only there for 60 minutes.  They did a strep culture
and I don't have strep.  Benadryl was recommended to help the rash, which
has helped some, but I hate taking benadryl.  I will also be getting some
steroids today because the rash is beginning to itch and the doc gave me a
prescription for that in case it started to itch.  It seems to be starting
to do exactly that now.  Anyhow, I went to bed so hot, I slept on top of the
blankets but four hours later, I awakened freezing cold and got under the
covers and tried going back to sleep.  That didn't help and I didn't sleep
much more so I finally got up before 6 o'clock and climbed into a hot shower
for 30 minutes before I felt warm again.  Anyhow, I'd appreciate your
prayers for more than just one reason when you think about it.  I'll try and
live but I don't much want to.

Phil.