Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2008 17:23:48 +0000

Hi Folks,
              I have not posted since the list was with St. Johns so I hope this gets through.I just had a horendous experience at Don Pablos restaurant in Laurel ,Maryland.We went on a saturday afternoon around 2 ish the lunch crowd was gone the dinner crowd not there yet.I had eaten there several years ago and was very satisfied.Safe meal ,manager came to table to explain gluten free options so we decided to go back.This time the hostess only said "I'll have to get the manager" when asked about gluten free options.Then the waiter said"I'll have to ask the manager"when asked about gluten free options.The waiter came back and stated my manager said there is nothing on our menu that is gluten free.I asked if I could speak to the mysterious manager.A man came to the table and told us he had only been with the company a few weeks he would call his corporate office to find out the information.Then another man came to the table and said unfortunately Don Pablos position was there is no
gluten free options at their restaurants.I tried to explain to him that I had eaten there before and had a safe meal.I asked him if he could check the ingredients on a couple of products so that I could get something to eat.He said no the products do not come with ingredient lists.I work in food service .I know there is  no such thing as a product with no ingredient label.I ate later.
               I don't know about the rest of Don Pablos restaurants but this one should absolutely be avoided.Obviously no regard for the safety of their patrons.Eat at your own risk policy
                                                                                                      jeff in Balto
--
When in doubt...Twirl!

*******