From:
"Bryan D. Andrews" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2007 12:49:07 -0500
I am reading the Paleo Diet for Athletes (I have the regular book also)
and am reading about supplements. I work out approximately 5 days a week
pretty hard cross training (not endurance).

If I am reading this correctly, it is saying that the supplements
(understanding that this varies from person to person) that should/could
be taken are:

C - 1000mg
E - 400IU
Selenium - 150-300mcg
Fish Oil
	EPA - 2000-3000mg
	DHA - 1000-2000mg
D - 400-800IU

It says I should be taking about .7-.8g Per Pound of body weight.

It says I should be taking BCAAs but doesn't really give the recommended
amounts. Most good protein powders have BCAAs in them however...

It also lists in a table called "Nonprohibited but Generally Ineffective
Supplements": Multivitamin / Mineral Supplement. Are they saying that
these multivitamins are generally covered by the diet?

I am 37 years old and have never really taken multivitamins and have
always felt weird when I did and my urine was bright yellow -- can't be
good on the body's filtration system can it?

Anyway, just trying to avoid taking unnecessary supplements where
possible.

Are there any other suggested supplements / reasoning?

Thanks!