From:
"tray.b" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2007 10:13:00 -0400
>>I think the problem is the butter and the half and half.

Unless the cows are grass fed, the butter and half and half contain

gluten that would show up in your tests:

http://www.neurozym.com/proteinintoleranse_en.htm

The protein to watch for in butter etc is casein, not gluten or gliadin.  As
far as is known, gluten does not make its way into the flesh of a grain-fed
animal.  Milk?  Perhaps.it does with humans.  But most grain-fed cattle,
anyway, aren't fed wheat or gluten grains.  More corn and hay (corn goes
right through them and is no better, but anyway).  They bloat terribly from
wheat and that's dangerous for them, and for the ppl invested in the herd
(bad for their bottom line, I mean!)  So the butter and cream COULD contain
some gluten, but it's fairly unlikely bc their feed probably doesn't.  Worth
checking out.

Butter isn't as bad for casein, but you can make ghee from it to remove the
proteins and it's very tasty.  You could try coconut cream/milk in your
coffee - it's wonderful, esp. if you have a steamer thingy.  If casein is a
problem, some ppl (like me) find they can handle goat/sheep milk products
just fine (butter and cheeses) and, in my area at least, it's pretty easy to
find local and/or pastured goat/sheep products.

Note: many animal products you purchase in the grocery store have fillers
and/or dyes, and they may contain gluten or other nasties.  Fish too.

Hope alls well, Gal!

Tracy (waywardsis from ALC - haven't I seen you around there?)