C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:56:21 -0400
Kendall,

I think that the woman standing up for herself is exactly what was
missing here, at least as far as the article reported.  While I think
the behavior of her co-workers was really unexcuseable, I don't see
her standing up and saying what she needed.  In other words, it seems
to me like she was passive and let them do/say things to her and then
expected everything to just be fine or go away, when in fact, we all
know that typically if you ignore something it is construed as
acceptance and will continue and escalate.  I think how she was
treated was wrong and it should no have happened.  But I also don't
think she should be suing.  If she didn't get along with the people
she worked with and didn't like it there, find another job.  If she
didn't like how she was made fun of at social events, don't go.  No
boss can force you to go to after hours social events.  No where do
they comment in the article about her job performance and how she was
treated while on the clock seemed mostly normal.

Linda M.

(thought I better use a last initial so we all don't get confused
btw. Linda Walker and myself!)