C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:29:37 -1000
I am able bodied but I do know that thalidomide was a totally
preventable and horrific limb deformity birth defect. I find being
asked to bowl while missing fingers incredibly harsh and cruel. Had
the company said come and join us for the fun, keep score, drink some
beer, and root for the team that would be different. Or if they
leveled the playing field by taping the other members fingers
together and then seeing who was really last that would be ok with me
too. Case does go bowling and they have a metal contraption that he
sets the ball in and it automatically rolls down the lane. If she had
used that that might be ok as well. Where is the sense of fairness in
this? Don't people use handicapping in golf etc to even the playing field.