From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2007 09:16:52 -0600
It sure shouldn't be, but every system and its configuration is different.
Maybe the problem is an interaction with ccleaner, addaware, spybot, avg, or
who knows what else.  Maybe it's i-tunes, who knows.  What ever the cause,
it was easier to move winamp back to 5.13 version.  It sure was hard to
figure out.  Every time I tried something, rebooted the machine, the problem
looked like it was fixed.  I opened winamp, and after I was done I closed
it.  Slick and fast.  took me a while to figure out that the second time I
ran winamp, the file or files selected took almost 50 seconds to load and
start playing.  Radio streams didn't show the same problem.  The same files
loaded in to media player or realplayer didn't have the problem either.  The
library can be a real nice feature, if you have a lot of audio on your
computer.
I have about 70,000 audio files here.  Every CD, about 400 reels of tape,
and maybe 300 Vinal lp's here.  That's not to mention the 8,000 old time
radio shows.  The computer sure saves space for the audio collection!