From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:50:09 -0400
The mic gain on HF has no effect on UHF/VHF FM on the 706 I don't think, and
on SSB the settings would be the same I'd imagine, I've never had any
complaints anyway. I dunno I set it all the way up and haven't touched it
since. I tend to turn the power up and just leave them at high power usually
except on HT's and even then I find myself doing that a lot, though with
some HT's, like the T90A I kind of need to where a half watt won't get out
of here. I think the only radio I ever adjust is my TMg707A, if I'm on the
repeater for the club I belong to, I back it to low power, if I remember
other than that, even that radio I leave wide open most of the time.