From:
Brett Winches <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:49:39 -0600
Lou, Where is your sense of adventure?

I recall my best antenna work done at night or in inclement weather.

I recall in college while our club was trying to get our new th6dxx in
the air for the November sweepstakes that we were working in 20 mph
winds with snow and rain mixed during final assembly.  We had to turn
the beam halfway to raise the second half  and since we had not yet
finished the control box for the prop pitch rotator ended up using a 12
volt car battery to turn the  antenna.  We made the cw SS but had the
rotator replaced with the ham m by the SSB portion.  You know how the
Ees and the Physics students had problems with team work, grin.

  KD7JN Alas age compels me to agree with you and save the antenna work
for better days now.