AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vera Crowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:25:53 -0600

                           PLEASE REMIT YOUR AAM DUES
                          Visit: www.AfricanAssociation.org !!!

Mmmm, probably not oil. Probably just trying not to instigate a war between Libya & Switzerland. While it would make for interesting reading, it would not be in the best interests of the world right now.

From the US Energy Information Administration:
http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/energyexplained/index.cfm?page=oil_imports

We imported only 18% of our crude oil and petroleum products from the Persian Gulf countries of Bahrain, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. During 2008, our five biggest suppliers of crude oil and petroleum products were:

    * Canada (19.3%)
    * Saudi Arabia (11.8%)
    * Mexico (10.1%)
    * Venezuela (9.2%)
    * Nigeria (7.7%)

U.S. petroleum imports rose sharply in the 1970s, and reliance on petroleum from the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) grew. In 2008, 46% of U.S. petroleum imports came from OPEC countries, down from 70% in 1977. After 1992, more petroleum came into the United States from non-OPEC countries than from OPEC countries.