AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
VERA R CROWELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 2009 19:56:46 -0500

               VISIT AFRICAN ASSOCIATION OF MADISON WEBSITE

                        http://www.africanassociation.org

                FOR LATEST INFORMATION ON AFRICA FEST 2009,

           MEMBERSHIP, COMMUNITY CALENDAR AND MUCH MORE....

Um, John, the author of the article is Valentin Petkantchin, Director of Research of the Institut économique Molinari. I think he probably does not consider his research propaganda...but I could be wrong. Why do you assume that because he first published his article in the AJC that it is somehow not worthy of notice? I do believe he has a more informed position on the health care situation in France than both of us, but maybe I'm wrong about that, too (see below).

By the way, he is not talking about a shortage of physicians. He is talking about increased health care costs resulting in increasingly shoddy health care for French citizens.

Look. People in America are clamoring for universal care. Is anyone noticing that the countries that have national care are increasingly using private health care services? It should be a concern to everyone that the countries with the system we want to have are adopting the system that we currently have.

That should spur everyone to investigate and to determine what is going on behind the scenes and on the balance sheets. If you are so concerned about lives being saved, then you should want to ensure that the system we adopt will serve the most people for the least amount of resources and be able to be sustained at an acceptable level in our current economic system.

Take off the pleated skirts, put down the pom-poms and actually look at what is really happening with the national health care systems. That is the reason I post those articles. Any system adopted will affect all of us; those of you making remunerations to other countries will be affected. More of an increase in what we pay for food, clothing, shelter, and healthcare results in fewer dollars to send. Other countries depend on those dollars and many of you know that far better than I. So yes, what gets spent on the 'universal health care' system affects more than just Americans.

FYI: Valentin Petkantchin

Valentin Petkantchin holds a Ph.D. in Economics (Economic analysis of institutions) and a Master's Degree in Media communication and economics training from the University of Aix-Marseille III (France). Between 1996 and 2003 he was a fellow researcher at the Center of Economic Analysis and a lecturer in economics at the Applied Economics Faculty and at the Law Faculty in that same university. Valentin Petkantchin also wrote weekly columns between 1999 and 2002 for Libres.org (an electronic newspaper offering an economic perspective on public policy and current affairs in France). He is the author of numerous scientific publications and research working papers on various subjects and has worked for several years with the Institute for Humane Studies-Europe and the Institute for Economic Studies-France. Mr. Petkantchin was MEI's Research Director from January 2004 to May 2006. He works at the Institut économique Molinari ever since.

"In the days before volcanoes were invented, lava had to be hand carried down from the mountains and poured on the sleeping villagers.
This took a great deal of time."