AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:56:16 -0400

               VISIT AFRICAN ASSOCIATION OF MADISON WEBSITE

                        http://www.africanassociation.org

                FOR LATEST INFORMATION ON AFRICA FEST 2009,

           MEMBERSHIP, COMMUNITY CALENDAR AND MUCH MORE....

I left out the most important reason for not becoming one of multiple wives
- and that is that I love God more than any human being... and He will
never betray me, or leave me, unlike humans.

Therefore, I chose what I believe to be HIS WAY on this subject.

I am not condemning the practice of polygamy. To each his own. However, I
choose a different path.

-----------------------------
...Personally - in all honesty - I have experience - a bit - with this
issue - where I loved a Ghanaian man and considered becoming one of his
wives. At the time I met him, he was engaged to a Ghanaian woman.

Though I loved him more than maybe I have ever loved anyone - truth is - I
could not bring myself to being one of two wives.

One of the issues is that I would be quite excommunicated from ALL my
family and friends in the States.

Another issue was - that it was different to my culture - and I don't think
I could have survived the jealousy I would have felt.  I think being raised
in that kind of culture makes a big difference.

Third issue is that I believe my Christian faith forbids it as we live in
New Testament times.

-Adjua