AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:43:12 -0400

               VISIT AFRICAN ASSOCIATION OF MADISON WEBSITE

                        http://www.africanassociation.org

                FOR LATEST INFORMATION ON AFRICA FEST 2009,

           MEMBERSHIP, COMMUNITY CALENDAR AND MUCH MORE....

>>HOW MANY AMERICAN MEN WILL EMBRACE THE CONCEPT OF MULTIPLE WIVES? <<

Well for that matter, how many women anywhere in the world would like
multiple husbands?

My flesh loves the idea...  that idea as well as many other ideas... which
are sin, or un-acceptable. Therefore I don't do them.

just thought I'd put in a comment on the side of what women want.

Personally - in all honesty - I have experience - a bit - with this issue -
where I loved a Ghanaian man and considered becoming one of his wives. At
the time I met him, he was engaged to a Ghanaian woman.

Though I loved him more than maybe I have ever loved anyone - truth is - I
could not bring myself to being one of two wives.

One of the issues is that I would be quite excommunicated from ALL my
family and friends in the States.

Another issue was - that it was different to my culture - and I don't think
I could have survived the jealousy I would have felt.  I think being raised
in that kind of culture makes a big difference.

Third issue is that I believe my Christian faith forbids it as we live in
New Testament times.

-Adjua