VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Clark Friedrichs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2007 07:31:12 -0500
I'm retired, I'm blind and I help neighbors and friends with their computer
problems.
I was at a friend of a friend's house yesterday, installing their new
computer and ISP software/connection; they use Netscape.
They click on the Netscape Icon on the desktop, they are asked for screen
name and password and click on "Sign in".
It connects via phone modem (I forgot how much that noise annoys me!) and
then XP/HOME and Internet 6.? stops with an activeX control wanting to be
ran and we should know the dangers.  We allow the activeX to run and we are
taken to the proper home page and everything is fine.
The problem with this is, every time we go through the login procedure, the
activeX control warning reappears and we have to allow it.  My question is
how can we permanently allow the activeX to run without intervention?

Thanks.

-----
Clark Friedrichs / [log in to unmask]

Archived on the World Wide Web at