VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2006 12:00:58 -0600
7bit
From:
Christopher Chaltain <[log in to unmask]>
I for one dumped Real Alternative because I couldn't get it to work with
FieldPass from NFL.com.

I also have Real Player, Windows Media Player and Winamp on my system.
I use Winamp as my default player, and have it set up to automatically
handle every file type it can process.  I find I don't ever have to do
much in Real Player or Windows Media Player.  If I click on a file type
that Winamp can't handle, Real Player or Windows Media Player comes up.
I find Real Player and Windows Media Player kind of klunky to deal with,
but a lot of that is probably because I'm not used to their interfaces.
I'm sure I said the same thing about Winamp when I first started using
it.  BTW, the one thing I find the most annoying about Real Player is
that I can't adjust the volume independently of JAWS.  I've mitigated
this somewhat by using a second sound card, but if Real Alternative
allows me to do this, I'll give it another try.

--
Christopher