Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2007 19:02:28 -0700
i suppose if your only consideration for 2M and 70CM is FM then it might
seem like a redundancy if you already have a dual band rig.
However, the 2000 does offer 100 watts, all mode on 2M and 50 watts all mode
on 70CM.
And i do mean all mode, usb, lsb, am, fm and CW including psk31/rtty.
It also has the built in TNC which can be used for packet on any band, and
sky command if that floats your boat.
Cross band repeat and lock band repeat are nice functions as
well...especially if you have another dual band radio with cross band
repeat...you can set up your own portible or temporary VHF or UHF repeater
using two cross band repeating radios.

Using the ht to control the 2000 is quite easy if you set things up right.
Its a matter of using dtmf tones properly from any HT, or using  the th7 for
sky command.
I will often pick a UHF frequency and cross band from 20 or 40 meters so i
can listen for a net or for a sked or for any activity on a particular HF
frequency without having to sit in the shack.
The 2000 will tx at 25 watts on uhf or vhf for as long as you want without
getting warm as well, that can't be said at even 5 watts for most of the new
mobile radios.
complexity over other radios in its class is minor...take the 756 pro
series, or the ft1000 or 2000, and the ts2000 looks like a walk in the park
as far as complexity goes.

73
Colin, V A6BKX