Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2007 09:56:13 -0400
the radio stops at the lowest and highest settings so tuning all the way up
and all the way down will get you from qrp to full power and as for an amp,
I don't have mine yet so I really don't worry much about it. I don't ever
plan to hook the 706 to it anyway, if I can even afford the equipment to put
a 220 line up here, I'm banking on a couple left over circuit breakers in my
box that aren't used. I know the one for the well pump one isn't used
anymore but I'm told there may be a few others in there from the people that
used to live here and what ever they did that are no longer used at all.
I'm not saying the 706 or 7000 are for everyone, but it's not yaesu either
were sighted people can't even figure out the menus in half the radios.
Anyone who spends time with the 706 can learn it, I know I did and I'm sure
the 7000 is probably the same. Would I want it as my every day radio?
absolutely not, but as a go-kit radio and backup, it's more than adequate.
If I ever see the promised amp though, it will stay hooked up to the 570,
and when I finally get it this spring I'm hoping, the TS-2000. I probably
could live very happily with the 746 pro or any of the icom radios unless
there's more3 with them than I know about to look for, the menus don't scare
me. I've just had my heart set on a TS-2000 for years and while the 746 pro
is my second choice and I think I could be happy with it, I just think the
TS-2000 will be my radio of choice since that's what I have the mic for and
my accessories are setup for Kenwood. Icom doesn't even make the SM-6
anymore so the only desk mic they offer is the SM-20 at big $$$ right now
and we all know how I feel about hand mics.