GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 23:43:34 +0100
mr haruna masoud ,truely you have been hard on me .even sister jabou can rescue me here .islam as i understand it is a practical faith .yes ,indeed both knowledge and wealth are subjective yet ,many try to gain both but fail flat.
  remember when you where in high school in the gambia ,how many people have you attended school with and how many attain the position you did ? we may all embark on the same journey but some find it hard to complete the journey.it is just like a battle field .soldiers are send on a mission but in some cases not all of them return back to base .some get killed and some get injured. this is life .
  i will advice you to read suratul al-imran chapter 3 of the quran verse 26.it reads ''say O Allah! possessor of the kingdom,you give the kingdom to whom you will,and take the kingdom from whom you will,you endue with honour whom you will,and you humiliate whom you will.in your hand is the good.verily,you are able to do all things''.
  this is just one verse that explicitly explain that it is Allah that give provision and honour .
  if my interpretation is wrong ,may Allah foregive me but the translation is accurate.

  in the streets of serrekunda ,there are countless intelligent youngsters who cannot continue their education due to lack of funds ,yet some never find that difficulty . on the other hand some people struggle hard to attain what they achieve ,those are indeed specail human beings .
  our man from aljamahiriya ,i heard that the colonel once try to change the verse of the quran .he said instead of the word kul or read ,the reciter should just proceed without that word.
  did you here that when in libya ?

Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Suntou,

I imagine this is one of the reasons a good number of the world's citizens
do not subscribe to Islam. it resigns you to perpetual dispossession with
incomplete thoughts. Consider that instead of saying "We are not equal in wealth
and education" Islam had shared with you that "Our wealth and level of
education depends in large measure on our efforts and desires". Islam all of a
sudden becomes a desirable religion for you. You will recognize that Wealth and
Education are subjective. Therefore it is presumptuous to qualify divine
interdiction in their scope for another.

What I'm afraid of is that you have indeed distilled Islam's thoughts in too
narrow a way that you risked obviating the intent. Many an impressionable
mind are confused with erroneous translation. It may be valuable when you share
your understanding of such Islamic quotes, you also share the story that the
quote distills.

I am a student of Islam and I admire the religion. I also practice some of
the traditions of the prophet Muhammad and his people to the extent they are
valuable to me and my people. That is why I cringe when I read quotes from the
quoran that do not convey fuller meaning.

Haroun Al Khairawan. You and I have a score to settle in discernments. I
will come back to that shortly. I have not forgotten, merely distracted by
weightier matter. MQDT. Darbo.