GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2007 09:38:36 +0100
thanks haruna for your kind gesture .i will notify the Birmingham association president and executive members .hopefuly they will arrange to make contact with you .may Allah reward you abundantly .

Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  Suntou,

It is indeed sad. I have a feeling professionalism is to blame. Try this:

Suggest to the organisation in Birmingham to start a (free) quarterly
newsletter to inform all members and non-members of the activities of the
organisation, budget, statement of accounts, etcetera, and dedicated columns of
obituaries, births, weddings, and other community events. deposit the newsletters
at gathering places, and mail some to other Gambians who can neither attend
nor have the inclination to attend. Always have a quarterly calendar of
meetings and events. I think it will work.

On the behalf of my family, I pledge $800.00 to the Gambian association of
Birmingham to assist in mitigating arrears to the funeral home. You may
consider a written letter to the funeral director thanking him or her for the
honourable gesture and I presume interest-free. WHo is the treasurer of the
association? WHen I speak with you, I will enquire further detail to complete my
pledge.

Haroun Al Khairawan. MQDT. Darbo.