Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2007 15:02:36 -0600

Hi folks, Well I finally broke down and tried Whole Foods premade pie
crusts.  I made an apple pie with crumb topping which you can find the
recipe by googling awesome gluten free apple pie, with macintosh apples
which come out more whole after cooking.  I received the ULTIMATE compliment
from my 27 yr old son, who while I was wrapping him a take home piece, said
he would be pleased to take home the remainder of the pie instead of that
little piece.  This is from a confirmed gluten lover!  Be it known that I
shamelessly kept the larger section for myself (he got plenty of other stuff
to go).  In my humble opinion as well, this was as good a gluten free pie
crust as I could make from scratch, if not better.  Since the package comes
with 2 pie crusts, I refrigerated the second crust, and last night I made
Post-Thanksgiving Leftover Pie, with just about everything in it that was
left over with a little gravy and left over mashed potato topping, and that
cooked and tasted wonderful too. Hats off to Whole Foods for making my life
and holidays that much easier!

*******
*******