ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 21:02:47 -0600
GCF: Priorities

Computer technician for a retailer is working on getting a new store
up on the network. And that requires a call to the local cable provider ...

Tech: This is about our store in Springfield. We need to have our
cable relocated from the temporary location to the new store.

Cable guy: I don't get it.

Tech: Imagine a construction site. When we start, there's no
building, just a trailer. That's where the cable was installed. Now
the building is built. We want the cable inside the building.

Cable guy: OK, but before the work is done, you will need to pay your
delinquent bill.

Tech: We never got a bill.

Cable guy: That doesn't matter, you still have to pay it.

Tech: OK. Maybe I didn't get a bill because you sent it to the wrong
address. What address did you send it to?

Cable guy: If you tell me the account number, I can tell you that.

Tech: Where will I find the account number?

Cable guy: On the bill.

Tech: I don't have the bill.

Cable guy: Well, you could go to our local office in Springfield and
show them two pieces of ID and they will handle it.

Tech: That's 100 miles away from my location. It would be easier just
to cancel your service and DSL instead.

Cable guy: OK, I will process the termination.

Tech: So you will terminate service without knowing that I am who I
say I am, but you won't help me pay the bill?

Cable guy: Yes.

Click.

_ _____________________________________ _
/ )| Thomas S. Ellsworth |( \
/ / |
\ \
_( (_ |
http://www.kcbx.net/~tellswor |
_) )_
(((\ \>|_/ )_____________________________( \_|</ /)))
\\\\ \_/ / \ \_/ ////
\ / It's not the pace of \ /
\ _/ life that concerns me; \_ /
/ / it's the sudden stop at the end. \ \

679

*** Good Clean Fun ***
Stop for a visit, leave with a smile!

Visit the Good Clean Fun web site at